I would like to start by extending a huge thank you to Rose for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award!
And also another huge thank you to Marvelline for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
I greatly appreciate the thoughtfulness of both of you considering my blog worthy of the awards. I also wanted to apologize to both of you that it has taken me so long to respond.
Now, this is the second time I’ve been nominated for these awards. There are some wonderful bloggers I would consider to be well deserving of both of these awards, but I know how much pressure they can be. So I will leave it to you as to whether you wish to accept the awards and therefore nominate YOU! Yes, all of you! You are all wonderful! Take one, or take both if you wish. I will leave that choice to you!
The One Lovely Blog Award consists of 7 facts about yourself and nominating 15 other bloggers. The Liebster Award includes 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions from your nominator, asking your nominees 11 questions of your own, and nominating 11 bloggers with under 200 followers.
Now, on to the facts and questions!
1. I’m not very good at coming up with facts about myself.
2. 18 facts about me seems like an awful lot.
3. I’ve thought about going to school for psychology, but I’m not sure yet if that’s the direction I want to go.
4. There’s nothing like unwinding at the end of the day with a nice cup of tea. Or beginning the day with a cup of tea and a little quiet time. I guess I like tea to be the bookends of my day.
5. I’m married to an INTP.
6. I’m so obsessively organizedly disorganized it isn’t even funny. Often I’ll skip out on cleaning because once I start, I won’t stop and can’t get anything else done.
7. People from all walks of life tend to open up to me, seemingly out of nowhere.
8. Ricotta cheese sounds pretty amazing at the moment.
9. So do cream puffs. They are my weakness.
10. I have crazy food cravings all the time. Friends have joked with me that when I’m pregnant I’ll have absolutely no cravings at all, since it’s the exact opposite of how I am now.
11. On the topic of children, I’m not sure that I want any, at least not biological. Yet I so badly do. I guess we’ll see what the future holds.
12. I love rain, but not the dreary weather.
13. I’ve never traveled outside the US.
14. I care very deeply about others, even those I don’t know.
15. However, I have no problem slamming the door when someone is treating me, or those I love, in a negative or destructive way.
16. The above is separate from boundaries, those are an entirely different matter.
17. I love to recycle. Not for any environmental purposes or anything like that, but because it’s just so much fun finding the little recycling label and sorting them!
18. Sometimes I wish I lived in a world without all the distractions of modern society.
For those of you who accept the Liebster award, I will re-ask the questions provided by Marvelline, because I just thought they were so very interesting!
- What topics make you want to talk for hours? Oh so many things! Deeper, heavier topics. I love talking about psychology, theology (when done in a constructive manner), philosophy, ponderings of the world and all its complexities, the inner worlds, MBTI, other worlds… But it all depends. I tend to like my space in my own mind. I talk to myself for hours! So good luck competing with that. When I’m with myself I can have engaging thoughts, (almost like) conversations, and yet I don’t even have to say a word.
- What are you looking forward to today? My husband coming home. I haven’t seen him in a few days, so I’m pretty excited about that! (Though I have to say, the introvert time alone has been fantastic.)
- If you could just live the way you absolutely loved to, what would your life look like? I wish I knew. I’m trying to figure that out right now. I’m coming out of a kind of dark place right now, so I’m still not entirely sure who I would be without the weight of that fear.
- What are your hobbies other than blogging? Well, I love writing in general. Photography, cooking, walking, just sitting and thinking. Showering. Yes, warm showers are definitely on that list.
- What is an unsolved question that you have? What does it mean to love your enemies when they’re emotionally abusive? What does loving your enemy look like when they are emotionally abusive and demand your love and devotion? Where is the line drawn? (Though I think I’ve found a partial answer to this question.)
- What person do you admire deeply? Why? Brooke Shaden. She is so amazingly positive, inspiring, and encouraging. And she creates other worlds in such a pure and simple way, adding depth and complexity that many others would so easily overlook.
- What ticks drive you crazy with other people? Winking. I just can’t stand it.
- If you had to move to a different town right at this moment, which one would it be and why? I’ll have to get back to you on that.
- Standard questions: Favorite book, favorite movie, favorite song / music? Ouch. This one’s really tough for me. I don’t know that I have favorites. My preferences are so heavily influenced by my moods, primarily because the above influence me so strongly. So it depends on whether I want something that resonates with my current state of mind, or if I want to alter it. And that varies greatly. For books and movies I typically prefer fiction, something with an interesting world and/or characters, something that really makes me think or escape into a different reality. Musically speaking, I like such a wide range that it really depends on what I’m using it for. Music isn’t a background thing for me. Even when I was a kid, I’d get so caught up in the song/music that I’d lose track of everything else. However, I’ve been able to harness those feelings and use them to my advantage, so it depends on what I’m wanting to do.
- Do you collect anything? I collect keys. Not the typical kinds that we use today, but the more vintage ones. Real or not, I think they’re beautiful and there’s so much meaning behind them. I’d like to say that I also collect teacups, but I only have a few thus far. Same with a few other things. I also collect words from others that really resonate with me. I treasure those things in my heart, and so often they’ve served as a voice of truth, warning, or realization.
- What’s your favorite drink? Honestly… Water. I really don’t drink much of anything else. Well, tea of course, but without water we wouldn’t have tea. So there.
Alright everyone, now it’s your turn! Thanks again to Marvelline and Rose! Be sure to check out their blogs! Have a wonderful day!